Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Heartbeat by Sharon Creech



Heartbeat is the story of 12 year old Annie, who loves to run for the shear pleasure of running. It's when she feels the most free in year when everything seems to be shifting. Her mother is pregnant, her grandfather is aging, and her best friend, Max, is increasingly moody. Everything is changing, just like the apple that Annie has been assigned to draw one hundred times.

The story is written in free verse. Annie is attempting to understand not only herself, and her place in the family, but also to understand those around her. How do we become who we are? To what degree should we conform? How are we unique, and yet alike?

book trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment