Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Monday, September 6, 2010

As Simple as It Seems by Sarah Weeks


"Life is complicated sometimes to be sure, but there are other times, like that day, standing on the near edge of a new July, when life is just as sweet, and good, and simple as it seems."

Ever wonder what it would be like to be someone else? Or maybe no one at all, but a ghost? That's what Verbena finds out when Pooch and his mom move into the house next door. It is nice to be able to not be yourself, especially when the real you has so many problems. Verbena's real parents left her- her mom was a drunk, her dad a murderer, how could she not end up bad? But Verbena finds out that sometimes it is best to be yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment