Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Monday, August 1, 2011

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman



Tennyson:
"Don't get me started on The Bruiser. He was voted "Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty" by the entire school. He's the kid no one knows, no one talks to, and everyone hears disturbing rumors about. So why is my sister, Bronte dating him? One of these days she's going to take in the wrong stray dog, and it's not going to end well."

Bronte:
"My brother has no right to talk about Brewster that way- no right to threaten him. There's a reason why Brewster can't have friends- why he can't care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can't be explained. I know, because they're happening to me.

Brewster:
"Stealer of screams and thief of anguish, I am a criminal, but you can't see it, blinded by your own relief as my body becomes a battlefield in a war that can't be won. Will I be the bullet that ends your pain, or will you end mine?"

Award-winning author Neal Shusterman has crafted a chilling and unforgettable novel about the power of unconditional friendship, the complex gear work of a family, and the sacrifices we endure for the people we love. (http://www.storyman.com/)





No comments:

Post a Comment