Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Monday, August 18, 2014

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Uglies is set in a world in which everyone has an operation when they turn sixteen, making them supermodel beautiful. Big eyes, full lips, no one fat or skinny. You might think this is a good thing, but it’s not. Especially if you’re one of the Smokies, a bunch of radical teens who’ve decided they want to keep their own faces. (How anti-social of them.)
Uglies is a trilogy-plus-one, with Extras being a “companion novel” and told from a different point of view. Uglies (Uglies, #1), Pretties (Uglies, #2), Specials (Uglies, #3), Extras (Uglies, #4).
425 pages
Lexile 770

No comments:

Post a Comment