Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mrs. Chipman meets Chris Crutcher at WEMTA convention

I attended the WEMTA -Wisconsin Educational Media and Technology Association- conference March 22-14, 2015. I learned a lot from the various sessions I attended over the 2 1/2 days, but one of the highlights of the conference was hearing from and meeting author Chris Crutcher. He even signed the library copy of "Deadline."

Crutcher’s years as teacher, then director, of a K-12 alternative school in Oakland, California through the 1970’s, and his subsequent 20+ years as a therapist specializing in child abuse and neglect, inform his 13 novels and 2 collections of short stories. Chris has received a number of coveted awards, including the American Library Association’s Margaret A. Edwards Lifetime Achievement Award.  His favorites are his two Intellectual Freedom awards, one from the National Council for Teachers of English and the other from the National Coalition Against Censorship. Five of Crutcher’s books appeared on an American Library Association list of the 100 Best Books for Teens of the Twentieth Century. 

So in honor of meeting and hearing from this interesting man... I decided to highlight the books of his we have in our library. 

Deadline
Period 8
Angry Management
Stotan!
Whale Talk
Staying Fat for Sarach Byrnes
Running Loose
Chinese Handcuffs
The Crazy Horse Electric Game
Ironman


Chris Crutcher webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment