Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

This Way Home by Wes Moore with Shawn Goodman

Elijah Thomas knows one thing better than anyone around him: basketball. But when a sinister street gang, Blood Street Nation, wants him and his team members to wear the Nation’s colors in the next big tournament, Elijah’s love of the game is soon thrown into jeopardy.
 
The boys gather their courage and take a stand against the gang, but at a terrible cost. Now Elijah must struggle to balance hope and fear, revenge and forgiveness, to save his neighborhood. For help, he turns to the most unlikely of friends: Banks, a gruff ex–military man, and his beautiful and ambitious daughter. Together, the three work on a plan to destroy Blood Street and rebuild the community they all call home.

245 pages
Author Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment