Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fallout by Ellen Hopkins

Simply put: if you liked Crank and Glass, this trilogy finale will not disappoint.

Hopkins shifts the point of view from meth-user Kristina to her three teenage kids; it's a brilliant tactic that shows just how deeply others are affected by a single person's addiction. Before it's over, the three kids-Hunter, Autumn and Summer- will experience anger, longing, loneliness, drugs, pregnancy, homelessness, and even, believe it or not, hope. Hopkins' free-verse stanzas are as engaging as always. An emotional, satisfying end ( and a new beginning, in a way) to Kristina's story. ( Booklist-July 2010)

Video book Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7htDQ4Zs0UY

No comments:

Post a Comment