Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Most of us have seen the Wizard of Oz... and the Wicked Witch of the West who was melted by Dorothy and a little pail of water. But there is so much more to the Witch than just being mean and chasing Dorothy around. This book tells it all. Where she came from? How did she become evil? What was her life like?

While this book is a tough read- it is worth the extra effort. It is an amazing fantasy world and a very interesting tale.

The popular Broadway Musical Wicked, is based on this book. Let me tell you, after you read this book, you will never watch the Wizard of Oz the same way again.




No comments:

Post a Comment