Welcome

Welcome to my book blog. I hope that you will come often and explore some of the books we have available at the Wonewoc-Center School Library. I will try to post books as I book talk them or just read them for the fun of it. I hope you will join this blog and add your comments. I would love to hear your comments about these books and others. Happy Reading! Mrs. Chipman

Monday, August 30, 2010

Easy as Falling off the Face of the Earth by Lynn Rae Perkins




On his way to summer camp in Montana, fifteen-year-old Ry opens a letter and discovers that the camp has gone out of business; when he hops off the train to try to call his grandfather, the train leaves without him, stranding him in the middle of nowhere. A lot happens in the novel. Parents, grandfathers, dogs go MIA. (The dogs' adventures are illustrated in humorous cartoon drawings.) A kind stranger who "marches to the beat of, like, I don't know, a harmonica or something" offers to shepherd Ry home to Wisconsin and winds up taking him to the Caribbean.

Ry travels by train...
Car...
Plane...
Boat...
And Feet...
Will he ever find his parents, grandfather and dogs?

book trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment